EP: Psalms 116, 117; Isaiah 4:2-6; John 14:15-31
This Ephesians passage is one of my favorites. If I had a top ten list, this would be in the top five. Such soaring language with wonderful metaphors and descriptors, providing such hope and guidance.
- bearing with one another in love
- there is one body, one Spirit
- each is given grace according to the measure of Christ's gift
- the gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until all of us come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to maturity, to the measure of the full stature of Christ.
- speaking the truth in love, we must grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by every ligament with which it is equipped, as each part is working properly, promotes the body's growth in building itself up in love.
Read the whole selection for today. It's great stuff!
Copyright 2009, The Rev. John F. Dwyer. All Rights Reserved.