Mark provides for us an overwhelming amount of Jesus' sayings today....almost too much to contemplate on this late winter morning, when I am wishing for spring and faced instead a cold wind walking the dog in the pre-dawn hours.
- a lit lamp is not placed under something, that action thwarts the purpose of the lighting
- nothing is hidden, all comes into the light
- what we give, we get back
- God's kingdom grows in unlikely and unthought of ways
- God's plans and our actions must mature, come to full-growth, before the fruits can be harvested
- God's kingdom, like a mustard seed, can and does grow from the smallest and most unlikely of sources
Copyright 2010, The Rev. John F. Dwyer. All Rights Reserved.